Spring cleanup and mulching service opens up the mulch bed areas in the spring: cleaning of weeds/debris from winter, re defining bed edges, trimming as needed, spreading a fresh layer of mulch to give a fresh uniformed look for spring.” The proper mulching of your flower, shrubbery, and trees landscape bedding will not only give your property a crisp, clean, and manicured look, but it will also drastically reduce the amount of time spent weeding, watering and fighting pests. Mulching also helps with erosion control as well as keeping dirt from splashing up on your flowers, home, and hardscape features when it rains. We can help you decide which type of mulch would be best for your needs, and we can calculate the amount your landscape needs. Best of all, we will install the mulch exactly and as it is needed.
- Adds nutrients to the beds to help with healthy plant growth
- Helps to reduce weed germination and growth
- Helps retain soil moisture, protecting plants from drying out quickly
- Reduces erosion
- Moderates soil temperature fluctuations
- Protects plant roots from winter
- Mulch will give beds a uniform, well-cared for look
Existing plant beds to be weeded and edged for definition. Pruning of plants and shrubs (less than 15 feet in height) will be performed as seasonally appropriate at time of service to maintain proper shape. Premium dark brown double-shredded hardwood mulch will be spread to maintain approx. 2-3” depth throughout existing beds.